How does Separation Affect Your Dog?
Separation anxiety is a common problem among dogs. It's estimated that as many as 25% of all Dogs will experience it at some point. Unfortunately, this can lead to destructive behavior and even physical health issues if it's left untreated. That's why we're here to help you spot the four most common symptoms of separation anxiety in your pup—and how hemp oil can help alleviate them!
Separation Anxiety Symptom #1: Destructive Chewing
Chewing is a natural behavior for dogs. It helps them to relieve stress and anxiety, so if your dog starts chewing on anything in particular when you leave the house, it doesn't necessarily mean that they or she has separation anxiety. However, if this destructive chewing happens when you're at home as well—especially around stressful periods like mealtime or bath time—it can point to an underlying issue (like stress) that needs to be addressed.
CBD hemp oil can help with destructive chewing by reducing your dog's anxiety and stress levels. In one study, researchers found that CBD oil reduced the amount of time it took for dogs to complete a task designed to measure anxiety (like staying in an unfamiliar environment) by up to 25%.
Separation Anxiety Symptom #2: Excessive barking and Vocalization
Your pup will use barking as a way of communicating with you, but excessive barking can be indicative of stress. It’s important to know the difference between normal and excessive barking habits.
Here are some reasons why your dog might be barking excessively:
- Separation anxiety: If your dog is left alone for long periods, they may feel anxious or even panicked when you leave them alone again. To help prevent this, we recommend using CBD oil or supplementing CBD products into your pet’s food regularly (for example, once per day).
- Boredom: If your pup has nothing to do in the house while you’re gone all day at work or school, they could get bored and start howling at the door until someone opens it so they can come outside for some exercise and entertainment. Give them something fun to do like playing fetch with toys or making sure there are plenty of chew bones around so they don't chew up anything else!
- Pain: Dogs vocalize when they are in pain because they want us humans to help them feel better again after hurting themselves somehow - whether that means getting cut by sharp objects on their paws while out walking around or knocking over something onto themselves while running around during playtime.
Separation Anxiety Symptom #3: House Soiling
House-soiling is a common form of separation anxiety, and it’s usually the first thing you notice if your dog has it. Your pup may not be able to hold it in when you leave, or they could have accidents after being left alone.
This symptom is caused by stress, so if your furry friend isn’t house-soiling at all when you’re home with them, it could mean something else is happening. The good news: there are ways to treat this issue so that your dog can learn better control over their bladder and bowels.
Separation Anxiety Symptom #4: Pacing + Panting
If your dog is panting excessively, it may be an indication that he's experiencing some form of anxiety. While this behavior isn't necessarily abnormal—many dogs pant when they're hot or excited—it can also be a sign of pain or other health issues. In most cases, however, excessive panting indicates that your pup is stressed out and anxious about something in his environment.
If you notice that your Doggo is showing signs of anxiety, it could mean that separation has been triggered by some kind of fear-inducing event (like a thunderstorm) or event that has caused stress in the past (such as being boarded at the vet). CBD oil can help manage these symptoms by promoting relaxation and reducing pain; if your dog tends to pace around while you're away from home (and especially if they paw at doors), CBD oil might also help calm them down.
Calming Chews and CBD Oil Drops
- Can be used in conjunction with other treatments.
- They are a safe and effective with few side effects
- Easy for on the go relief with a short on-set time
The Calm + Coat drops can help reduce the stress of separation anxiety, while improving coat and skin conditions, such as dermatitis with ingredients like Salmon Oil and Turmeric. Anxiety is common in Pets who are left alone while their owners are away at work or school. Tinctures or Drops can help you manage your dog's pain without resorting to prescription drugs. The natural relieving properties found within the plant may also be able to help relieve pain caused by arthritis, cancer, and other conditions without causing drowsiness or other side effects associated with prescription medications.
About Happy Hounds
Happy Hounds offers premium Pet Treats and Tinctures to reduce anxiety and provide multiple health benefits. We combine high-quality CBD, nutritious ingredients, and delicious flavors to help your cats and canines thrive!
Calm + Coat Tincture made from Salmon Oil, Turmeric, Valerian Root, and Rosemary. Try them here!